Monday, December 7

button mother load

last night while visiting with my ma, she pulls out this giant cookie tin that weighed like a thousand pounds and told me to open it. inside was the holy grail of vintage buttons. apparently they are my grandma's and great grandma's buttons that my mom didn't even know she had. they were tucked away in a cabinet that came from my grandma's.

we dug through the tin for a while and i picked out a little pile that i couldn't leave without. i didn't want to take too many, but i have a feeling i'll be back for another stash. i can't tell you how excited i am to use these! they are so beautiful and such great motivation to get to work on some new things!

5 comments:

  1. I just love finding new (to me) buttons! I look forward to seeing your new creations, and I've got my eye on a neck tie and button brooch in your shop, but first I have to stop spending money on Christmas gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg- I am SOOOOO jealous! I would've loved going through that stash. It looks like you got some great ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous too! I love buttons...they're my favorite embellishment. Luck you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ditto! I just posted some pics of buttons from my Grandma's button tin too! Some of my most treasured possessions. :) These look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lucky are you!?! Those are some beauties. They're always so pretty in little piles like that.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!