Tuesday, July 6

treasure hunting

so, recently bradley started scouring ebay for a deal on a metal detector and i couldn't decide if it sounded like fun, or like the lamest hobby on earth. turns out, it's actually pretty fun. we've probably dug a hundred holes all over our yard, and my mom's yard so far. a lot of times the excitement of what we're about to dig up ends with an "eh, nail" or "just more foil" but the fun is in never knowing what you're about to dig up next.

we're kind of obsessed with the history of our home, so we were excited to dig around the yard hoping to find some old artifact that would connect us to the past. we haven't found anything amazing yet, our best score was an old straight razor, or pocket knife, and an old toy car. eventually i'd love to make a shadowbox out of our finds and add it to our house history wall. until then.. we're gonna keep on diggin.











7 comments:

  1. very cool!we had one and haven't used it yet, but it seems like lots of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! I remember seeing old men combing the beaches that I spent my childhood summers at with their metal detectors. I always wondered what they were looking for. Buried treasure I guess . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. That actually sounds like a lot of fun! I think it's the actual act of doing the hunting rather than the items found that is the true treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, you guys are seriously the coolest people I know... could you adopt me or something? I can move in next week. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this sounds SO cool!! I've always wanted a metal detector- I just know you are going to find some really great treasures.

    P.S. Today I was at my mom's house and I showed her your blog so I could show her the post where you showed the note you wrote when you were little- the one where you wish your brother would go to wal-mart and buy a brain. We were cracking up together reading it. I've read it a million times and it never gets old. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love that there are people out there that think the things we do are fun! i always feel like we have the hobbies of your average 70 year olds, so it's nice to know that we aren't alone.

    rachael, you can start moving in anytime :)

    amy, i LOVE that you liked the note from little me. it cracked me up, but i almost didn't share it because i didn't think it would be funny to anyone else!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!