Saturday, January 22

The Short Version

Right before Christmas we found out that my dad was really sick, and he spent the next month in the hospital with my mom by his side. Life kind of went on hold for a little bit while we figured out what that meant for the future of our family. Lots of tears, lots of waiting, lots of bad news to accept. That was, until better news came that hopefully means we have a LOT more time than we expected. They got to come home yesterday finally, and I have never been so relieved.

So, I'm on the upswing of a crazy emotional roller coaster, and in four days I have surgery on my weird ankle and I'll be off my foot and out of work for around 8 weeks. And talk to me in a few days when I realize I have underestimated how much you need two working feet, but as of right now, I'm planning on focusing all my time on my family, and kicking my etsy shops ass into gear. I always say I could definitely make Etsy work if I had more time to put into it, so here is my chance to prove it. We'll see what happens. Hopefully you'll be seeing frequent blog posts and lots of new listings!

Now, I'm off to go over and spend some much needed quality time with my family. Here's hoping you're getting to enjoy yours too.


3 comments:

  1. aw, that's good news about your dad.

    good luck with your ankle-my aunt had surgery on her ankle after a break and was quick to recover ;)
    have a great weekend...
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear that your dad is better. i'll be praying for him! those two photos of your family are so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so glad to hear that your dad is doing better! Sorry you're having surgery, but hopefully you'll be a-ok after that! And I'm glad you're back online. :D

    xo,
    Veronica
    http://crackthesky17.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!