Thursday, February 17
- I started working on both of my shops (Peach Parlor and The Little Prints) the day after my foot surgery. I was so excited to have a huge, uninturrupted block of time to see what I could do with it. I'm moving slower, so things are getting done slower, but they are getting done! I am disappointed that I haven't made a thing since I've been home, but hopefully the other progress makes up for it.
- Now my cast is off and I'm in a boot and I can't wait to be walking again! It was okay at first, but now I'm starting to forget what regular walking was like. Granted, it has been very helpful having an awesome man around to help me out.
- I finally took down my Christmas tree last week, which I can't blame on the bum foot, since I have a habit of leaving it up until Feburary almost every year.
- We have moved the matress to the living room floor, so I don't have to crutch upstairs (our stairs with no railing, mind you) unless I want to shower, or check in on the bathroom remodel Bradley's knee deep in. I rather like it. There's a TV and we get to pretend we're having a slumber party every night!
- I acquired over 30 pounds of vintage buttons, and it has consumed my life for about a week now. I'll save the details of this acquisition for a later post, but I am definitely button obsessed at the moment. There's a lot to learn!
- Still dealing with the realization that my dad is sick. Been visiting a lot, hanging out and processing everything. Good days and bad days. Chemo starts March 1st.
- I've worked at the same Blockbuster store for the past 10 years, and for the past while we have been dealing with the looming threat of closing. Today we got the news. I'm sorry for the other people losing their jobs but personally, this will finally force me to make a change. I have to make a change now, I have no choice, and the timeline is so perfect it's like I planned it out myself. Here's to finally taking a leap, taking a risk or two, and seeing what happens. This is amazingly life changing for me, and it feels so good.