With that said, I felt the need to make a list of things for future self-employed me to remember from what I've learned so far.
|Print by Vol25|
2. Get dressed like you might actually see another person. After 12 years in khaki pants and a polo shirt, revel in the fact that you can work in regular clothes! This doesn't mean you can't ever take advantage of being able to work in your pj's, but lets not make a habit of it, okay?
3. Never underestimate how much better you feel when you're clean and freshly showered. You'd never go to regular work unclean, with unbrushed teeth and messy hair. This is basic hygiene, and I'm embarrassed that we even have to go over this one.
4. Make time for friends and family, especially since you wont have coworkers to talk to anymore. Through the week you can hold as many conversations with your cats as you want, but come the weekend.. some social interaction is required.
5. At regular work, your workspace is always annoyingly clean and organized, so why does this not apply at home? This must improve immediately!
6. Times are gonna be tighter now, so cut down on the $4 lattes, okay? I know it will be hard, but it must be done.
7. To do lists and schedules are your friend. You wont be able to do it without them.
NOW GET TO WORK!