Tuesday, July 26

Get to Know a Crafter: Meet Kristen!

This weeks interview is with Kristen, the hands and imagination behind Knotted Nest. I've adored her blog since I started blogging and her etsy shop is home to the cutest fabric buntings, wallets and coasters around. She definitely had me at vintage fabrics! She's in the midst of a home remodel right now, which I like following because it makes me not feel so alone in the madness of it all. While you're cruising her shop, check out the sold items to see some of her past goodies!












Name: Kristen Wulff
Location: Toronto, Canada
Etsy shop: www.knottednest.etsy.com
Blog: www.knottednest.blogspot.com

Tell us a little about your blog and what you make:
My blog is a place where I share snippets of my life as a crafter, gardener, home renovator, library worker, and visual artist. My shop is where I make available a range of housewares and accessories all made from repurposed fabrics.

What is your most used tool?
My hands never cease to amaze me. Scarred and calloused, they just keep going. They are by far my best tool....specifically my right one.

What is your favorite part of the crafty process?
I'm most excited when I’m pairing fabrics and coming up with new colour schemes to work with. That, and sitting at the sewing machine for hours upon hours listening to CBC radio.

Name a skill you'd like to get better at:
In my crafty life, I would love to learn how to use a serger. In my every day life, I’m in the very early days of learning sign language.

Describe your ideal workspace:
Loads of windows, up in the trees, a giant cutting table, a colour coded fabric stash (yeah right!) and perhaps a short stroll from the ocean. A girl can dream can’t she?

What is a project you want to tackle, but haven't taken the plunge yet?
I recently moved and have been wanting to embroider the rundown buildings in my new neighborhood. I’ve done some in the past, but I can’t wait to get started on the new series!

What's the most important thing to you in the room that you're in right now?
I’m actually in my backyard, so I’d have to say the poplar trees. We have 5 massive trees in our yard and they make a perfect rustling sound in the wind.

One odd fact about yourself:
I’ve never operated a dishwasher. Oh, or a car for that matter.

You are happiest when:
When I can sit somewhere beautiful with a cup of coffee and create something.

3 blogs we shouldn't be missing:
Oh gosh, there are so many! Some recent favs are:
longestacres.blogspot.com
littleyellowbirds.blogspot.com
www.liveandenliven.com/




2 comments:

Your comments make me happy!