Thursday, August 11

Get to Know a Crafter: Meet Rachael!

I first found Rachel and her shop in the good old days of Etsy chat (rip) and I've been a fan ever since. She has so many talents, and I'm always amazed at how much work she seems to get done. Between her paintings, crocheted hats (and puppy hats!) and new line of jewlery, there's never a dull moment. The same goes for Rachel's blog. It's full of gorgeous photography, and pieces of her life that really make you feel like you know her. I love her tutorials, especially this one where she shows you how to make a super cute dress on the cheap! It also doesn't hurt things that she's crazy adorable :) I'll let her tell you the rest!


Name: Rachael (Tree Talker) Caringella
Location: Provo Utah
Etsy shop: Talk2thetrees.etsy.com, Treetalker.etsy.com
Blog: talk2thetrees.blogspot.com

Tell us a little about your blog and what you make:
My blog is a place where I share my inspirations, silly stories, sad stories, beautiful photos and silly photos. It's a random jumble of photos and words.. but I sure like it. I make a lot of things! I love to paint, knit, crochet, sew, take photos, draw, and woodburn. I try to do just about everything I can!
I make hats, scarves, and jewelry for Talk2thetrees.etsy.com and I sell paintings and prints at Treetalker.etsy.com

What is your most used tool?Probably my crochet hooks and my paint brushes. I try to keep a good balance. I get a little sad when I go too long without painting, and the same when I go too long without knitting or crocheting.

What is your favorite part of the crafty process?I am really not sure! I love the whole process…But I would have to say the "almost" end.. just when I'm ABOUT to finish.. and I can tell I like it. It's a real good feeling.

Name a skill you'd like to get better at:I would love to get better at painting. There is always something in a painting I wish I could improve upon. I never took any painting classes, so I'm learning things as I go.

Describe your ideal workspace:Clean, with lots of coffee and chocolate on hand. I am a pretty messy person, but every time I'm about to create I have to clean up the whole house so that I can concentrate properly.

What is a project you want to tackle, but haven't taken the plunge yet?I want to knit a blanket. That would take lots and lots of hours, which I just don't have.

What's the most important thing to you in the room that you're in right now?I'm not really sure. I try not to put too much importance on "things." I think the most important thing to me in this room is my boyfriend, and my puppies. I know those aren't really things.. I guess the most important thing to me would be my sketchbooks. They hold a lot of secrets, memories, thoughts and designs. I would hate to loose that.

One odd fact about yourself:I talked to trees when I was little!

You are happiest when:I'm outside playing barefoot in nature!

3 blogs we shouldn't be missing:
http://www.thedaybookblog.com/
http://fuckyeahliteraryquotes.tumblr.com/
http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/







5 comments:

  1. Aw, I love Rachael; she's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good interview- I love catching up with Rachael. I've been a fan of her blog and her work for a while. But mostly in a silent, lurking way.

    That moment she talks about, where she is almost done and can tell she is gonna like it- I want to experience that more. I have such a hard time finishing things...

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice interview!
    love the hats,i've admired those for awhile now, but hadn't seen her art :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a talented artist and I love that her creations are so different, but yet equally as wonderful! Thanks for featuring her!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!