Wednesday, August 10

The Greatest Show on Earth

Brad came in from the porch a few nights ago, after seeing the lightening show we were getting, and came inside to get me. I went to the porch swing to watch the storm with him, and after about 30 seconds of seeing how the sky was lighting up, I demanded that we road trip to find a good spot to take pictures. I grab the camera bag and we headed out until we found a great place with a wide open view, off the road a little. We parked, layed outside the car, and took turns clicking the shutter, hoping for a bright burst every time. Something about the challenge of getting the perfect lightening storm photo is so addictive to me. I could have stayed there until the last of the storm blew through. There is always a lot of "okay, three more tries..".

In the moment, it seemed silly to be inside watching TV or spending money to see a movie, when was such a stunning show was happening right over our heads, for free. So, Thanks for the entertainment, Earth. I never get tired of it.

267 clicks later, this is what we came home with.










6 comments:

  1. great photos!
    your floors in the previous post look great too! looks like a lot of hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing!! you're right - much better than tv or a movie! and i smile when i think of you and your husband driving in your car looking for a place to get a better view of the lightning storm. so cute! y'all are perfect for eachother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lora, gotta say I agree with you on that one! We're a pretty good match :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. Mother nature beats any TV show, any day. Beautiful pictures, lightning is so hard to photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I'm going to have to pin one of these!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!