Monday, August 22

Bathroom Update!

There have been two major additions to the bathroom project that I'm pretty excited to share with you! First, the buffet to vanity transformation has been completed! I had been searching Craigslist endlessly for a furniture piece that was: close enough, cheap enough, and the right size. This buffet met the first two requirements, but was too long and too tall, but after a little Bradley magic, it's now fits perfectly. We scored discontinued sinks from Lowe's for $20 (which I still can't believe!) and now I am the happiest hand washer in all the land.

The mirror, which has been hanging there since the 70's, got a fresh paint job. The lights are from Lowe's allen + roth collection, which have some really gorgeous lighting options!

The old ice box was also a Craigslist find. We needed something for storage, and this baby had all the right moves. Brad refinished the hardware, added an adjustable shelf, and made two pull-out drawers in the bottom. Now it's home to our freshly purchased grey towels. Brad said he thinks that when you go and buy your own matching towels and toss the hand-me-downs you've had for the last 10 years, that's when you officially become an adult... so, that's where we are. Finally, adults at 30.

Oh, and please ignore my sheets as curtains, and lack of window trim. We still have lots to do!











After a post like this, where everything is starting to look so shiny and new, I like to remember that it wasn't very long ago that things looked like this:

So, if you're in the middle of a project that you feel like will never end, I promise there is an end eventually! Hang in there!

7 comments:

  1. oh wow! that is absolutely beautiful!! love the furniture for the sink-and the ice box :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I"m just a little super jealous! I love that sink!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredible transformation. Congratulations - it's beautiful! I adore the vanity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! So gorgeous, especially the vanity. Good job. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely bathroom, you've done a fantastic job. I love the vanity, and the re-purposed ice box is great!

    Of course, your kitty is the star of the whole show though! :)

    I found you via the Etsy team forum. Am following you now. Best wishes!!!

    Miranda

    ___________________________________________________

    Art & Craft Blog: randamart.blogspot.com
    My Cancer Battle: ancoraimparo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, major accomplishment! Looks fantastic —in love with all the hardware!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That vanity table totally rocks! From what kind of wood is it made of? This is also the first time I have heard of an old ice box that is used as bathroom storage. Your creativity is very surprising and refreshing. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!