Thursday, October 6

Bedroom Update!

It's time for an update on the ongoing bedroom remodel! Things are finally starting to get furnished, and we've been sleeping in the new room for a few weeks now, which feels like a giant accomplishment. Still much to do, like doors and trim and I have to find stuff for these bare walls, but overall it's come so far from where we started!

We scored a giant, comfy bed (thanks Craigslist), and I finally decided on some hanging bedside lights (thanks Ebay). The lights got a paint job, and we switched out the old school hanging chain for the sleeker look of the metal rod.

The focal point of the room is the gorgeous old window that is being used as our headboard (thanks antique dealing in-laws). The window was once a part of the school across the street from our house. They replaced them a few years back, and sold the old ones, and this one eventually trickled it's way down to us. I love that it ended up almost right back where it started.

The other new features are the night stands that Bradley made. The metal bases were old tool stands, that got a little tweaking, and he made the wood end grain tops, which turned out beautifully!

As always, mad props to my husband, because without all of his know-how and hard work, all of our ideas would never become reality.





5 comments:

  1. Absolutely dreamy! I am incredibly impressed as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous!! i especially love that headboard. amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I am so jealous but in a good way. Headboard amazing and something that I would never be able to find but would totally try to recreate with fabric cuz I'm crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminds me of inner courtyards in some Spanish colonial mansions... Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so so lovely! I'm trying really hard to not covet that window. What an amazing find :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!